.

Friday, March 25

My Paint Colour(s)

I've had a few e-mail questions recently about the wall colour of my main living area.



The colour is SICO's Kalahari Beige.



The name is kind of deceiving because it is definitely in the green family.  It's not a true beige; it has an earthy greenish hue, however, it is still a neutral enough colour for a large open area like ours.


I originally selected it, not because I fell in love with it, but because it is a near perfect match for my couch.  My goal was to keep the walls and main furniture "quiet", as a backdrop for more colourful accent furniture and accessories.


After living with this colour for awhile now, I still like it a lot. It is a great backdrop for my addiction to all shades of turquoise and robin's egg blue!


I have also used deeper and lighter shades from this colour card throughout my home.  Here is a lighter shade of this colour - Mystic Savannah - in my bedroom with muted blue bedding.















I have also paired Mystic Savannah with red in my TV room. It looks great with our (deep) red roman blinds, and red accessories / artwork.














 So if you are looking for a great neutral colour in the green family to use as a 'canvas' for brighter accent colours, this colour card is a nice consideration.


Oh, and PS. If you are looking for a great resource for paint colours that have been tried and recommended by decorating addicts like me, check out the links shared by other bloggers at Nesting Place's Paint Colour Party.  Scroll down to the end of the post and you'll see all the links. It's chalk full of paint chip inspiration!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home