.

Sunday, March 27

Keepin it *Real*: Awesome Egg Ideas!

Seems like more and more these days, "decorating eggs" means buying a bag of 'Made in China' coloured plastic eggs and a pack of foamie stickers from the dollar store. 

Um, guilty as charged! 

Hey, you can't knock cheap and fast.


Well, I don't know about you, but I long for the day when we decorated REAL eggs.

In our house, my 2 sisters and I were hard core egg dippers.  No wimpy 'hard boiling' for us.

We'd poke pin holes in each end of the egg, and blow the whites and yolk out before dying them.  More than one egg was crushed before it made it to the bowl of food colouring.  But that was part of the fun.

Well, this year, I'm going to try and restore that little tradition with my 6-yo daughter.  I am laying down a strict "no plastic eggs" rule. And, after seeing all these sweet Easter craft ideas made from 'cracked' egg shells, I won't be at all disappointed if she crushes a few along the way!


Check out these eggs-cellent ideas!

MarthaStewart.com

MarthaStewart.com

www.craftberrybush.blogspot.com


www.fun-tea-party-ideas.com


MarthaStewart.com


Crafts by Amanda






Crafts by Amanda


Familyfun.go.com



Familyfun.go.com

IntimateWeddings.com

goodhousekeeping.com
goodhousekeeping.com

Oh, and PS, if you are wondering what to do with all those plastic eggs you still have tucked away from last year, well, get a load of this cutie...

Lesson Plans




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home