.

Tuesday, December 21

Wintery Jar Laterns - My Version

If you caught my last post, you might recall that one of my favorite ideas I've seen this Christmas has been simple little jar lanterns filled with frosty snow, twigs and other delights.

Well, you guessed it, I just had to make my own!

As my 6 year old says, it was easy peasey lemon squeezy.

In fact, I can't imagine an easier craft.

I had some mason jars on hand from pickles and jam (who doesn't, lol?), but I bought a couple of really large ones at Michael's, all together, they were under $6.  I had some fake snow filler leftover from past projects (this stuff is available at any craft store), and I used a large spoon to fill each jar about one-third full.  Then I threw in some evergreen twigs and moss and sprinkled a little more snow over the top.

The votive holders that I used would not fit through the top of the jar, my original plan.  However, they sat nicely in the opening, giving a kinda floating effect, so I went with it. (My general rule: Even if it doesn't work out the way you plan: own it!).  Finally, for the bling, I tied some grosgrain ribbon and twine around the top, and added these adorable junky little word keys that I found at Michael's. These were a little pricier than I would have liked ($16), but I couldn't resist. If you have any old keys on hand, they would do. (By the way, the entire collection by Jim Holtz Idea-ology is AMAZING).







So here they are!  What do you think?








As if I need more mess in my life!


Click here!









I'ved linked this up to these great sites:






Photobucket"/>


My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia


 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Donnie said...

They look so pretty. Very classy. Merry Christmas.

December 21, 2010 at 8:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

very festive. great ideal with the keys..

lauren

December 24, 2010 at 10:06 PM  
Blogger Gillian Layne said...

They're just darling. Looks like a fun craft project to do with my kids.

December 26, 2010 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger An Oasis in the Desert said...

These are really cute. I love the simplicity of them. Thank you for sharing. I'm a new follower.
CAS

December 27, 2010 at 8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

these are adorable, I emailed this pic to my daughter for a possible wedding decoration for the reception tables. awesome!

January 1, 2011 at 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home