.

Monday, December 13

My Cottage-Style Holiday Front Porch

It's beginning to look like Christmas around here!

We had a very light dusting of snow and frost over the past few days, and everything outside looks so pretty!

I'm not sure if this white stuff will last until Christmas (but I sure hope it does!). So I figured I'd better get a few snowy pics of our outdoor holiday decorations while Mother Nature was cooperating!

The front porch definitely has a casual cottage feel, which is a bit of a departure from my indoor holiday decor which is a little more sparkly

And guess what? It's not a shade of  turquoise! If you've been following my blog, you'd know that I am nearly fanatical about almost any shade of tiffany blue / robin's egg blue.  I even decorated my tree with it.  

But, on my porch, it's nowhere to be found.  Instead, I stuck with traditional reds and greens, my second favorite Christmas colour pairing.

Here's a little tour...














P.S. I linked this post to Coastal Charm. :-)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Lovin' your cottage style porch and that cute snowman:) I’m having a Christmas Open House on the 16th…would love to have you join in!

Blessings,
Linda

December 13, 2010 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It looks so pretty, Kerri! I love the whole area around the front door. The adirondack chairs really make a great picture! {Frameable in my book!}

December 14, 2010 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Sooo pretty!

December 16, 2010 at 9:23 PM  
Blogger CBID HOME said...

What an adorable welcoming porch! Such a warm and inviting look! Come on over and see my effort - thoug not as charming as yours!
www.yournestdesign.blogspot.com

December 17, 2010 at 9:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love your porch - especially with that darling wreath! It's by far my favorite I've seen all year!

December 29, 2010 at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home