.

Sunday, May 15

The Basement: Final Countdown!

It's paint week!

I'm FINALLY going to see some colour on the basement walls over the next few days!

The flooring will be installed by the end of the month. So I'm finally seeing an end in sight to this basement development project which we started last November. I can't wait to move all the kiddie stuff down there and give us some breathing room on our main floor. Not to mention that I'll have 5 new rooms to decorate! So exciting.

There was a bit of a delay in the painting over the past few weeks (partly because of some extra trim work I requested  - don't tell my husband!), which allowed me some more time to (re)consider my colour choices.  Not sure if that's a good or bad thing!  Those colour chips were just about everywhere with me last week!

Here's what I'm going with:
  • Benjamin Moore "Ashley Gray" above white beadboard
  • Benjamin Moore "Rapture" (a deep red) on a feature wall that runs through the entire space
  • Benjamin Moore "Blue Bonnet" (a really whispy shade of light turquoise)



Here are a few shots of our progress over the past couple of weeks!


Beadboard installed on the staircase.  Love it.


Can't wait to paint that frosted door a shade of turquoise!

Fireplace and flat screen to be installed here :-)
 

Be sure to come back again soon to see how it comes together!


 

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Serendipity Chic Design said...

You are one lucky girl...That is gorgeous!

Take care,
Lisa

May 15, 2011 at 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home