.

Saturday, May 14

My "Waiting for Summer" Mantel :-)


I did a little mantel finessing again today. I won't call it a "spring" mantel. Instead, it's my "waiting for summer" mantel!

Where I live, spring comes late. A local Facebook friend wrote on FB awhile back that here we have 3 seasons: Summer, Fall, and "Misery" which was kinda funny because it is soooo true! "Misery" is basically a 4 month stretch (from January to late April) of cold, damp weather which varies daily from snow to rain to ice pellets.

Here, Winter and Spring have little distinction. Our grass turns green in early May, and we have the typical spring flowers that begin to peek. But our trees don't begin to bloom until June.

So I basically live for summer to arrive! That's why you'll notice a few little summery touches on my mantel - like the starfish and the sea urchin. Just my little reminder that summer is coming :-).



I've also included my recently created 'number art' on my mantel, a combination of special numbers. It was so easy to make! Perhaps I'll post a little tutorial on that soon.







 Until next time, happy summer decorating!






I'm sharing this at
The Lettered Cottage

Visit thecsiproject.com
 
Post-script (May 14th):  I'm so happy to tell you that this mantel was featured over at the CSI Project!



Visit thecsiproject.com

8 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

I LOVE your mantel!!;) Rachel

www.shabbyfrenchforme.blogspot.com

May 12, 2011 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger Serendipity Chic Design said...

I am madly in love with the whole thing...I am especially adoring the glass pedestals you have the plants on....

Take care,
Lisa

May 14, 2011 at 11:05 PM  
Blogger Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I love this mix with the greens and natural elements. Very Pretty!

May 15, 2011 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger KellyH said...

Beautiful Mantel! Love the Little plants in the pillar holders. Great Idea!

May 17, 2011 at 8:09 AM  
Anonymous moxiemandie said...

This is really fun! I love the number art!

May 26, 2011 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

adorable! i hope summer comes soon for you! here in georgia it has felt like summer since march! (not rubbing it it. i am not the craziest about summer..) i like that round little silver thing. is it a shell or something? it's super cute : )

May 26, 2011 at 3:20 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

I'm stopping in from The Lettered Cottage. I'm completely coveting that wire dome with the bird on it!!!

May 26, 2011 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger Debra said...

Love your mantel! It looks so fresh.

May 26, 2011 at 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home